Saturday, October 3, 2015

SATURDAY CHILLER THEATER : BLOODY YESTERDAY

"Hey, pal, is the coast clear? I'm trying to avoid my 'uncle' - Professor Coffin. Is the coast clear? Check the hall. Oh, thank god ::lights cigarette::

"He'd lose his mind if he caught any of us smoking. Hi, I'm Margaret, but around here I'm contractually obliged to go by the name 'Arachne,' just like the other seventeen girls who've been hired to play the role of Coffin's 'niece' in the pages of Charlton Comics' Midnight Tales.

"I don't even know why I'm blurting all of this out, I'm in violation of my NDA. I guess sometimes I just get scared that I'll never get to tell anyone about what it's like around here. I mean, I don't want to die like Arachne number eight, with my family not even knowing where I am and me living under a fake name in another girl's abandoned bedroom. Lord, I never should have left Wisconsin. I wonder if my parents worry.

"Look, I can hear my phone ringing - and it's his ringtone. I better get going. You don't want to be the last Arachne in the room, not with the holidays coming up. Budgets get tight and sometimes some Arachne has to go.

"Don't tell him you saw me smoking, okay? Here's a classic horror story in return, I better run, and remember - never accept a "personal assistant job through Craigslist!"


No comments:

Popular Posts