Wednesday, February 17, 2016
P-S-Eh? : 13 WAYS NOT TO BURN YOUR HOME!
Danny Blaze was a short-lived Charlton comic featuring the fire-fighting adventures of its eponymous hero. Being in the fire prevention biz, Danny Blaze also came complete with handy hints on how to avoid burning your personal domicile and everyone in it to ash. Number three, urging you to have your last cigarette of the day before you go to bed, rather than as you lie in it dozing, is particularly of-the-age (one hopes), even among portable stoves and giving matches to children as though they were a Christmas present. I strongly suspect you'd find the same "Why should I wear a seatbelt, it's the other drivers who need to wear seat belts" type complaining about being asked not to smoke in bed. "I don't have time to smoke AND go to bed. Anyway, it's other people who need to be concerned about smoking in bed, I know what I'm doing" *FWOOOOF* and then they and everything they ever owned can share the same urn.
Other ways to not burn your home:
15. Erect bonfires away from bedrooms, closets, and master bathrooms
16. When barbecuing or grilling, take it outside and use an actual grill rather than a pile of hot coals poured underneath a radiator.
17. Do not store hot ashes and burning lumber in your linen closet, or anywhere else you already store towels.
18. Do not substitute wallpaper paste with Sterno.
19. Your arsonist cousin "Buggy" is a bad choice for a housesitter.
20. Replace wall-mounted torches with less fiery sources of light.
21. Never anger Hephaestus, the god of fire and blacksmithing.
22. Offer burnt sacrifices only on your outdoor altar. Reserve your interior altar for small offerings of gold and wine.
23. Do not set your house on fire.
I hope that helps, stay safe kids!
You'll be lucky if she doesn't lob you into the ocean, Lois... The old saw about why Lois Lane and Superman could never marry w...
The way the problem was phrased seems to imply the solution. Finally, a prog rock superhero I can truly get behind! If Disco, Boy Detec...
I suspect I can pronounce that, but I'm not sure I can pronounce it ... Rivaling the popularity of creator-owned superhero books in...
"...and that I'll soon get blown up with this whole planet." I'm going to let this feature take a break from the cont...
To be honest, I'm still piecing together what happens in The Pioneer's debut (and sole) adventure, since there's a dearth of ...
There is probably no more iconic piece of American wartime propaganda than Rosie the Riveter. Not only has she persisted as a symbol of f...
Judo Joe vol.1 No.1 - Jay Jay Corporation, August 1953 Enjoy Gone&Forgotten every day on Tumblr
Formally charged. Back inside the pages of Spidey Super-Stories, while most of the villains were either toned-down Marvel stalwarts or ...
"Take it from me, Sacky, the living sack!" This isn't technically a comic book nor, despite what the cover promises, is i...
The acrimony between Lois Lane and Lana Lang begins in earnest* in the pages of Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane vol.1 No.7 ( Februar...