Wednesday, February 17, 2016
P-S-Eh? : 13 WAYS NOT TO BURN YOUR HOME!
Danny Blaze was a short-lived Charlton comic featuring the fire-fighting adventures of its eponymous hero. Being in the fire prevention biz, Danny Blaze also came complete with handy hints on how to avoid burning your personal domicile and everyone in it to ash. Number three, urging you to have your last cigarette of the day before you go to bed, rather than as you lie in it dozing, is particularly of-the-age (one hopes), even among portable stoves and giving matches to children as though they were a Christmas present. I strongly suspect you'd find the same "Why should I wear a seatbelt, it's the other drivers who need to wear seat belts" type complaining about being asked not to smoke in bed. "I don't have time to smoke AND go to bed. Anyway, it's other people who need to be concerned about smoking in bed, I know what I'm doing" *FWOOOOF* and then they and everything they ever owned can share the same urn.
Other ways to not burn your home:
15. Erect bonfires away from bedrooms, closets, and master bathrooms
16. When barbecuing or grilling, take it outside and use an actual grill rather than a pile of hot coals poured underneath a radiator.
17. Do not store hot ashes and burning lumber in your linen closet, or anywhere else you already store towels.
18. Do not substitute wallpaper paste with Sterno.
19. Your arsonist cousin "Buggy" is a bad choice for a housesitter.
20. Replace wall-mounted torches with less fiery sources of light.
21. Never anger Hephaestus, the god of fire and blacksmithing.
22. Offer burnt sacrifices only on your outdoor altar. Reserve your interior altar for small offerings of gold and wine.
23. Do not set your house on fire.
I hope that helps, stay safe kids!
I genuinely have no idea who created Spirit Man (sometimes spelled "Spiritman") despite the fact that the dense, definitive a...
"DON'T ... MESS ... WITH ... MY ... CHICK!" I've had the opportunity to write about a Golden Age robot hero who seeme...
Enough of this guy ... What exactly is Mister In-Between meant to be between? A rock and a hard place? The Devil and the deep blue sea?...
With superhero television programs blowing up in the last few years, recaps of superhero television shows have become all the internet rage...
Whoops, forgot to get to this one right after the first part. Also, I was gonna just reprint the original post as a joke, since so many of t...
Animal crimefighters are a fun-sounding idea which, more often than not, turn out to be a lot darker than the concept would suggest. For...
Micronauts vol.1 No.32 (Aug 1981) Writer: Bill Mantlo Artist: Pat Broderick/Dan Bulandi Letterer: Simek Colorist: Warfield Editor: L...
Aw, that raccoon really loves him. As I continue my tour of the early-1970s career-oriented Popeye comics and their distinctly art-ho...
Oh my god, let's get high and make mascots! The pharmaceutical industry seems to live and die on superhero mascots, conflating the sin...
Blue Ribbon Comics vol.1 No.1 - August 1939 Enjoy Gone&Forgotten every day on Tumblr