Wednesday, February 17, 2016
P-S-Eh? : 13 WAYS NOT TO BURN YOUR HOME!
Danny Blaze was a short-lived Charlton comic featuring the fire-fighting adventures of its eponymous hero. Being in the fire prevention biz, Danny Blaze also came complete with handy hints on how to avoid burning your personal domicile and everyone in it to ash. Number three, urging you to have your last cigarette of the day before you go to bed, rather than as you lie in it dozing, is particularly of-the-age (one hopes), even among portable stoves and giving matches to children as though they were a Christmas present. I strongly suspect you'd find the same "Why should I wear a seatbelt, it's the other drivers who need to wear seat belts" type complaining about being asked not to smoke in bed. "I don't have time to smoke AND go to bed. Anyway, it's other people who need to be concerned about smoking in bed, I know what I'm doing" *FWOOOOF* and then they and everything they ever owned can share the same urn.
Other ways to not burn your home:
15. Erect bonfires away from bedrooms, closets, and master bathrooms
16. When barbecuing or grilling, take it outside and use an actual grill rather than a pile of hot coals poured underneath a radiator.
17. Do not store hot ashes and burning lumber in your linen closet, or anywhere else you already store towels.
18. Do not substitute wallpaper paste with Sterno.
19. Your arsonist cousin "Buggy" is a bad choice for a housesitter.
20. Replace wall-mounted torches with less fiery sources of light.
21. Never anger Hephaestus, the god of fire and blacksmithing.
22. Offer burnt sacrifices only on your outdoor altar. Reserve your interior altar for small offerings of gold and wine.
23. Do not set your house on fire.
I hope that helps, stay safe kids!
Karaoke night is going all sorts of downhill. Neal Adams is going to leave behind him a fairly complicated legacy. On the one hand - a...
"...and No More Lonely Nights." Over in the Gone&Forgotten Tumblr , I’ve started an occasional series of entries en...
Since The League of Regrettable Superheroes was published, there are a few criticisms I tend to hear repeated. About half of it comes in...
What's beyond a black hole? Nothing, if it holds on to its dreams! It's been five or six years -- maybe more -- since Disney a...
Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham, is doing pretty well for a character created as part of an otherwise-inexplicable boom in funny an...
Micronauts vol.1 No.57 Writer: Bill Mantlo Artist: Butch Guice / Kelly Jones & Sam Grainger Letterer: Rick Parker Colorist: B...
The X-Men and the Micronauts vol.1 No.4 Writer: Bill Mantlo/Chris Claremont Artist: Butch Guice / Bob Wiacek Letterer: Rick Parker ...
The Saint vol.1 No.4 - Avon Publications, 1948 Enjoy Gone&Forgotten every day on Tumblr
Micronauts vol.1 No.58 Writer: Bill Mantlo Artist: Butch Guice / Kelley Jones Letterer: Janice Chiang Colorist: Bob Sharen Edit...
Silver Streak Comics vol.1 No.9 - Lev Gleason Publications, April 1941 Enjoy Gone&Forgotten every day on Tumblr