Wednesday, February 17, 2016
P-S-Eh? : 13 WAYS NOT TO BURN YOUR HOME!
Danny Blaze was a short-lived Charlton comic featuring the fire-fighting adventures of its eponymous hero. Being in the fire prevention biz, Danny Blaze also came complete with handy hints on how to avoid burning your personal domicile and everyone in it to ash. Number three, urging you to have your last cigarette of the day before you go to bed, rather than as you lie in it dozing, is particularly of-the-age (one hopes), even among portable stoves and giving matches to children as though they were a Christmas present. I strongly suspect you'd find the same "Why should I wear a seatbelt, it's the other drivers who need to wear seat belts" type complaining about being asked not to smoke in bed. "I don't have time to smoke AND go to bed. Anyway, it's other people who need to be concerned about smoking in bed, I know what I'm doing" *FWOOOOF* and then they and everything they ever owned can share the same urn.
Other ways to not burn your home:
15. Erect bonfires away from bedrooms, closets, and master bathrooms
16. When barbecuing or grilling, take it outside and use an actual grill rather than a pile of hot coals poured underneath a radiator.
17. Do not store hot ashes and burning lumber in your linen closet, or anywhere else you already store towels.
18. Do not substitute wallpaper paste with Sterno.
19. Your arsonist cousin "Buggy" is a bad choice for a housesitter.
20. Replace wall-mounted torches with less fiery sources of light.
21. Never anger Hephaestus, the god of fire and blacksmithing.
22. Offer burnt sacrifices only on your outdoor altar. Reserve your interior altar for small offerings of gold and wine.
23. Do not set your house on fire.
I hope that helps, stay safe kids!
Micronauts vol.1 No.12 (Dec 1979) Writer: Bill Mantlo Artist: Michael Golden / Allen Milgrom Letterer: Diana Albers Colorist: Carl G...
Micronauts vol.1 King-Size Annual No.1 (Dec 1979) Writer: Bill Mantlo Artist: Steve Ditko Letterer: Costanza Colorist: Yanchus Edito...
I was managing a comic book shop back in the Nineties when the Milestone titles first debuted, and they had me hooked from the beginning...
A short career is probably the best career for some crimefighters, and they don't get much shorter than the simultaneous entrance an...
The last time I stepped into the men's room at my local gym, I was struck by a sudden idea. Now, I don't think I'm the first ...
I recently treated myself to a re-read of Denny O'Neil's and Denys Cowan/Rick Magyar's (et al) excellent The Question series...
Your Humble Editor is teetotal and hasn't had a drink in years. This is owing to, as Robert Downey Jr once said, an allergy to alcohol -...
"Lt.Drake," Mystery Men Comics - Fox Features, 1940 Enjoy Gone&Forgotten every day on Tumblr
This one doesn't really fall under the "truly gone and forgotten" label, as all of the characters involved -- primarily Ba...
"Fuck 'em up, Tim!" A few months back, I wrote, of the character Crash Kid from Cannonball Comics, that I had never seen ...