Wednesday, February 17, 2016
P-S-Eh? : 13 WAYS NOT TO BURN YOUR HOME!
Danny Blaze was a short-lived Charlton comic featuring the fire-fighting adventures of its eponymous hero. Being in the fire prevention biz, Danny Blaze also came complete with handy hints on how to avoid burning your personal domicile and everyone in it to ash. Number three, urging you to have your last cigarette of the day before you go to bed, rather than as you lie in it dozing, is particularly of-the-age (one hopes), even among portable stoves and giving matches to children as though they were a Christmas present. I strongly suspect you'd find the same "Why should I wear a seatbelt, it's the other drivers who need to wear seat belts" type complaining about being asked not to smoke in bed. "I don't have time to smoke AND go to bed. Anyway, it's other people who need to be concerned about smoking in bed, I know what I'm doing" *FWOOOOF* and then they and everything they ever owned can share the same urn.
Other ways to not burn your home:
15. Erect bonfires away from bedrooms, closets, and master bathrooms
16. When barbecuing or grilling, take it outside and use an actual grill rather than a pile of hot coals poured underneath a radiator.
17. Do not store hot ashes and burning lumber in your linen closet, or anywhere else you already store towels.
18. Do not substitute wallpaper paste with Sterno.
19. Your arsonist cousin "Buggy" is a bad choice for a housesitter.
20. Replace wall-mounted torches with less fiery sources of light.
21. Never anger Hephaestus, the god of fire and blacksmithing.
22. Offer burnt sacrifices only on your outdoor altar. Reserve your interior altar for small offerings of gold and wine.
23. Do not set your house on fire.
I hope that helps, stay safe kids!
In the pages of giant-size Batman comics - Batman No.259 and Batman Family Nos.4 and 13, specifically (and possibly a few more, let me know ...
The Diary of Ty Locke (w/a: Warren Tufts) While being yet another space exploration strip (I mean, it was the mid-60s, I don't know wh...
Vehicles to Suit Your Hobby (w/a: Nelson Dewey) A nice intersection from a CARToons regular and the readers of this mag, as Dewey turns i...
"...and No More Lonely Nights." Over in the Gone&Forgotten Tumblr , I’ve started an occasional series of entries en...
Adventure Comics vol.1 No.32 - National Periodical Publications, November 1938 Enjoy Gone&Forgotten every day on Tumblr
It me. Klunker the Misfit Monster (w/a: Willie Ito) Willie Ito -- whose career placed him at Disney, Hanna Barbera and Warner Brother...
Super Sibling and His Magic Chokes (w/a: W.T.Vinson) I did not get any joke in this whole biz. Drawing in a style which I'd have...
Micronauts vol.1 No.52 Writer: Bill Mantlo Artist: Butch Guice / Danny Bulandi Letterer: Jim Novak Colorist: Bob Sharen Editor: ...
With superhero television programs blowing up in the last few years, recaps of superhero television shows have become all the internet rage...
Micronauts vol.1 No.50 Writer: Bill Mantlo Artist: Butch Guice / Danny Bulandi Letterer: Jim Novak Colorist: Bob Sharen Editor: A...